The Maryland Energy Administration (MEA) advises the governor and general assembly on all energy matters, promoting affordable, reliable and cleaner energy. MEA develops and administers programs and policy to support and expand all sectors of the state’s economy while benefiting all Marylanders and implementing legislation.
Maryland Energy Q&A
- Do you set energy rates, standards or handle utility or energy carrier complaints for Maryland residents?
- No, we are not the regulatory agency, that is the Maryland Public Service Commision
- Maryland Public Service Commission
William Donald Schaefer Tower, 6 St Paul St #1600, Baltimore, MD 21202
- Do you advise homeowners with marked utility lines?
- Do you provide energy for my home or business?
- No your local utility or energy supplier maintains your energy supply
Values are our agency's lifeline and we encourage an open, respectful dialogue between staff, managers and our director. We are expanding efforts in this area to include additional training and resources for year round engagement.