Maryland Energy Administration
Customer Service Overview
The mission of the Maryland Energy Administration (MEA) is to promote affordable, reliable, and cleaner energy for the benefit of all Marylanders.
The Maryland Energy Administration advises the governor and the General Assembly on matters related to energy policy. Additionally, the Maryland Energy Administration administers grant and loan programs to encourage clean energy technologies in all sectors of Maryland’s economy.
The Maryland Energy Administration’s Customer Service Promise describes our approach. Customer Service activities include:
- Improve the tracking, responsiveness, and time-to-resolution of all electronic, telephone, and written correspondance. We aim to acknowledge all email inquiries within 48 hours of receipt.
- Ensure state employees and managers continue to improve customer service skills through formal training classes and informal coaching on best practices in customer service.
- Continuously look for ways to improve the processing times of agency services to to help citizens and businesses accomplish their transactions with the state. As an example, last year the Maryland Energy Administration completed a process mapping exercise to streamline the Clean Energy Grant Program, thereby reducing Clean Energy Grant Program award processing time.
- Continue to look for opportunities to increase the number of services the state provides online so that citizens and businesses can utilize self-service, as appropriate.
- Update online publications, forms, FAQs, and pertinent information on our website so that citizens and businesses can find relevant information quickly and accurately.
- Use social media to help get the word out about services, events, and news to provide citizens and businesses with information important to them.
- A Customer Experience Survey is available on our website for citizens and businesses to provide feedback. Results will be used to make improvements to services.
In addition to these core customer service-related activities, we will also ensure literature is up-to-date and discuss progress on achieving customer service goals in staff meetings. We will also recognize top performers in our agency for professionalism and courtesy, responsiveness in resolving a customer’s needs, and for innovations that improve customer service.
We will monitor the execution of the aforementioned activities and analyze the results in order to continuously improve customer service.
We are committed to providing Maryland citizens, businesses, stakeholders, and other customers with the best customer service. For more information, please see our website at