The mission of the Maryland Energy Administration (MEA) is to promote affordable, reliable, clean energy. MEA’s programs and policies help lower energy bills, fuel the creation of green collar jobs, address environmental and climate impacts, and promote energy independence.
To learn more about Maryland’s goals and energy use — and to find out what you can do to make smart energy choices — follow the links below.
- EmPOWER Maryland works to reduce energy use in Maryland by 15% by 2015.
- The Renewable Portfolio Standard helps move Maryland toward 20% renewable energy production by 2022, through programs that offset the cost of installing solar, wind, geothermal heating and cooling, bioenergy, and other renewable energy systems.
- Find rebates, grants and loans, and tax credits available from the State of Maryland for residents, businesses, state and local governments, and the transportation sector.
- Learn more about the basics of energy in Maryland with our Energy 101.
Questions? Email us at DLinfo_MEA@maryland.gov.
- *New*Microgrids and Resiliency in Maryland
- Parking Lot Solar PV Canopy with Electric Vehicle Charger Program
- Windswept Grant Program
- Maryland Energy Administration 2013 Year in Review
- EVnomics Calculator: Determine the fuel-cost savings of driving an electric vehicle
- Grid Resiliency Task Force: Weathering the Storm
- EmPOWER Maryland Planning
- Download MEA's program book
- Use the Energy Calculator