Program Description: New for 2023, the Maryland Energy Administration (MEA) is now offering funding for clean energy projects in Data Centers through its Commercial, Industrial & Agricultural Fiscal Year 2023 Grant Program (CI&A FY23 Program, click here).
Type of Program: First come, first serve.
Program Application Deadline: Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis until funding is fully awarded or until February 15, 2023 at 5 P.M., whichever occurs first. Earlier application submittals are strongly encouraged in order to have the best chance of obtaining funding under the Program.
Anticipated Program Budget: Subject to funding availability, the FY23 program has a total budget of $2,400,000, which will be divided into two separate areas of interest (AOI):
AOI 1: Commercial, Industrial, and Non-profit Sector
- Businesses (registered corporations, LLPs, LLCs, GPs, etc.)
- Manufacturers & Industrial Entities
- Data Centers
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Private Schools (Pre-K, K - 12)
- Privately-owned Colleges and Universities
- Other types of commercial buildings may be eligible, determined by MEA on a case-by-case basis.
AOI 2: Agricultural Sector
- Farms and Businesses in the Agricultural sector
- Other entities that fall within North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code 11
For more information, please see the Funding Opportunity Announcement below.
Follow MEA on social media for updates:
Additional Funding Opportunity: The Maryland Department of Commerce is accepting applications for
Maryland Data Center Maryland Sales and Use Tax Exemption Incentive Program, click
here for details.