The Maryland Energy Administration (MEA) is excited to announce the opening of the FY19 Animal Waste to Energy Grant Program (AWE Grant Program). MEA has made up to $6,000,000 dollars available in two Areas of Interest (AOI) – on-farm/pilot scale and a community/regional scale. For details regarding the grant program requirements and restrictions, please see the FY19 AWE Grant Program Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) and the information below.
• MEA will provide grants to selected grantees to install animal waste to energy projects.
• The program is open to businesses, government agencies, and non-profits in Maryland.
• The total amount available for the AWE Grant Program for State Fiscal Year 2019 is up to $6,000,000 dollars. Two AOI’s will be made available in FY19. Area of Interest One (AOI I) will target pilot or on-farm scale projects with capacities of less than 2MW. Up to $4,000,000 will be made available for AOI I with a 40 percent cost-share required by the applicant. Area of Interest Two (AOI II) will target community or regional scale projects with capacities of greater than 2MW. Up to $2,000,000 will be made available for AOI II with a 50 percent cost-share required by the applicant.
• Applications will be evaluated competitively according to evaluation criteria set forth in the Funding Opportunity Announcement.
• In addition to the Program Application, supporting documents are also required. Please be sure to review the Funding Opportunity Announcement and the Application so that you submit a complete application package.
• Applications are due by February 1, 2019 and should be mailed to:
Maryland Energy AdministrationAttn: FY19 AWE Grant Program1800 Washington Blvd. Suite 755Baltimore, MD 21230
You may also email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please carefully review the following documents which contain important program details and eligibility requirements.
FY19 Animal Waste to Energy Application.pdf
FY19 Animal Waste to Energy Funding Opportunity Accouncement
Application Deadline – February 1, 2019
1800 Washington Blvd., Suite 755, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 537-4000 | 1-800-72-ENERGY