The Maryland Energy
Administration (MEA) is not running a FY 20 Animal Waste to Energy Program
however MEA is funding an Animal Waste to Energy Program at the Maryland Department
of Agriculture, click here for
FY 20 - Not active• MEA will provide grants to selected grantees to install animal waste to energy projects.
• The program is open to businesses, government agencies, and non-profits in Maryland.
• The total amount available for the AWE Grant Program for State Fiscal Year 2019 is up to $6,000,000 dollars. Two AOI’s will be made available in FY19. Area of Interest One (AOI I) will target pilot or on-farm scale projects with capacities of less than 2MW. Up to $4,000,000 will be made available for AOI I with a 40 percent cost-share required by the applicant. Area of Interest Two (AOI II) will target community or regional scale projects with capacities of greater than 2MW. Up to $2,000,000 will be made available for AOI II with a 50 percent cost-share required by the applicant.
• Applications will be evaluated competitively according to evaluation criteria set forth in the Funding Opportunity Announcement.
• In addition to the Program Application, supporting documents are also required. Please be sure to review the Funding Opportunity Announcement and the Application so that you submit a complete application package.
FY 20 - Not active
1800 Washington Blvd., Suite 755, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 537-4000 | 1-800-72-ENERGY