Wind power is one of the most efficient, deployable, scalable and affordable renewable energy technologies. Many areas in Maryland have wind speeds high enough to generate significant energy for homes, businesses and agriculture. Under Maryland's net metering statute, customers can receive credit for generated energy from utilities even when it exceeds their demand. Below are several resources and programs that can help determine the optimal location and scope of any wind energy project.
- How do I get a wind turbine on my property?
- Small Wind Manufacturers, Distributors, Installers & Resources
- Maryland Wind Maps
- Maryland Small Wind Guide for Consumers
- County Ordinances
- Draft Model Small Wind Ordinance for Maryland
- Offshore Wind Energy Virtual Open House