Current Energy News
December 2, 2014
Novermber 29, 2014
- Maryland is a Top Ten energy state! According to the American Council for an Energy-Efficiency Economy, the U.S. is making rapid progress toward more sustainable and efficient energy usage.
November 25, 2014
- MEA's new Demand Response Building Automation grants support projects using state-of-the-art power controls & building automation technologies in Maryland.
Novermber 20, 2014
- MEA just launched the EmPOWER Maryland Combined Heat and Power (CHP) grant program, aimed at ensuring the health, safety, and well being of Maryland’s citizenry.
October 30, 2014
- Solar will be the world’s biggest single source of electricity by 2050. Even if the tax credit drops to 10 %, solar will soon reach price parity with conventional electricity in 36 states.
October 16, 2014
- A new survey reveals that Marylanders want more renewable energy and even say they are willing to pay a bit more for it.
August 26, 2014
- Maryland is taking the lead on Microgrids along with NY, CT, MA & others to shore up energy in times of crisis!
July 28, 2014
- BGE Builds Its Own Algorithms to Squeeze More Out of Voltage for EmPOWER Maryland goal of 15% reduction by 2015!
June 23, 2014
The Resiliency Through Microgrids Task Force Report sets the course for advanced resiliency in power generation throughout the state.
April 29, 2014
The Maryland Freedom Fleet Voucher (FFV) Program provides financial assistance for the purchase of new and converted alternative fueled vehicles registered in the state of Maryland. Incentive amounts vary, and are based on gross vehicle weight (GVW).
April 10, 2014
The Maryland Energy Administration is pleased to announce a new Solar Canopy with Electric Vehicle Charger Program (Parking Lot PV/EV Program) for use in parking lots.
April 7, 2014
The Maryland Energy Administration (MEA) announced today that it is expanding its existing Windswept Grant Program to include community-scale projects, namely, those ranging from 100 kilowatts to 1,000 kilowatts.
April 7, 2014
The Maryland Energy Administration (MEA) announced today that is seeking feedback from stakeholders and potential contractors who can provide valuable information regarding offshore meteorological (MET) tower deployment.
February 24, 2014
Governor Announces $20 Million in Cold Weather Energy Bill Assistance.
February 4, 2014
- Shop Maryland energy weekend Feb. 15-17
The Frederick News-Post - Marylanders can take advantage of Shop Maryland Energy, a tax-free weekend on select Energy Star appliances Feb. 15 through Feb. 17.
January 28, 2014
- State officials push for offshore wind farm
The Daily Times - During a meeting with the House Appropriations Committee last week, representatives from several agencies discussed how they are working to implement what could become the country’s first offshore wind farm.
January 20, 2014
- Washington College, local officals launch ShorePower project
The Star Democrat - Easton has joined three other county seats in following an energy reduction initiative that is being spearheaded by Washington College and a local environmental group
News items listed on the Maryland Energy Administration (MEA) news page are for informational purposes only, and inclusion in the list does not reflect an MEA endorsement.