Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Program (EVIP)
Update: May 9, 2012
This program is no longer accepting applications.
The goal of the EVIP is to aid in the development of a cleaner and more efficient transportation system in Maryland. This program will issue grants for projects in the following two categories:
Electric Re-Charging Infrastructure (ECI)
- MEA will issue a grant/s to entities who would like to partner with our coalition in the building out of the electric re-charging station infrastructure in Maryland.
- Minimum grant award: $25,000
Truck Stop Electrification (TSE)
- MEA will issue grants for the installation of Truck Stop Electrification units at facilities within Maryland.
- Grants will be issued for equipment and installation cost
- Minimum grant award: $125,000
How to Apply
Read the MEA press release from June 24, 2010 detailing the EVIP awards: Governor O'Malley Fuels $1 Million Investment
Read the flyer distributed at the 2011 Earth Day event at BWI: Maryland Charging Forward with Electric Vehicles: Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Across Maryland